Text Size:

  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Size: 87%

Welfare reform

The Government is making major changes to the benefits system that mainly affect people of working age. 

Universal Credit is the new single payment that will replace Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance, Housing Benefit, Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit.

If you are claiming any of these benefits you will be affected, so please read the leaflet we've created to find out what the changes will mean for you and how we can help.

You can also the  Governments benefits calculator to see how your rent and housing benefit may be affected.

If you want to know more about how we can help you get the most out of life – from helping you find a job to work-based training, volunteering schemes, free courses and local projects please contact our Employment and Training team.

Age UK also give information and advice for older people about benefits, care, age discrimination and computer courses. If you would like to discuss making a claim or need help, please contact our welfare advice service on 020 7428 4272.